Creamy Spinach Pasta
- 1 small onion
- 250 g spinach
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 300 ml water
- ½ vegetable stock
- 200 ml single cream
- 400 g pasta
- parmesan powdered or grated
- bacon optional
- Dissolve the vegetable stock in 300 ml of hot water.
- Blend all with a hand blender. If the sauce is too runny leave it to cook a little bit longer on medium heat.
- Add frozen spinach and the vegetable stock. Cook on medium heat to defrost the spinach. Wait until the liquid reduces halfway down.
- Season with salt.
- Chop the onion and garlic and fry them until they catch some colour.
- Lower the temperature and add 200 ml of single cream into the spinach.
- Cook the pasta. Once the pasta is done mix it with the creamy spinach sauce.
- Fry pieces of bacon (optional) and add them into your pasta.
- Divide portions on the serving plates and sprinkle it with grated or powdered parmesan.
This is one of our quick creamy spinach pasta sauces that works great with any pasta or gnocchi. I think the taste of parmesan compliments the creamy spinach sauce perfectly. If you are not vegetarian try to add fried bacon to the dish as in my opinion it comes together with spinach and pasta really well too.
I usually make a pasta meal at least once a week. I have a favourite few easy pasta sauces which I make more often because they are quick and I know they are always successful with my children. Our simple tomato sauce is one of them, especially the blended version and this creamy spinach sauce is at least as popular.
I think now when the new school year has started and the days are busier, we will have this tasty creamy spinach pasta for our dinners more often.